

We have nearly finished the new area for the animals. We will be naming the chicken area, per Kyle's suggestion, the "C. Everett Koop Coop." The middle section, which is the living area for the goats, will be named after an 18th century German dramatist and the mother of German comedy, Luisa Adelgunde Gottsched. For the milking stand area we have chosen the designation "Johanna Spyri Molkerei" (named after the Swiss author of "Heidi").
The picture at the top of the post is the window cover for the Koop Coop. I painted it while watching the Lord of the Rings movies. I will never see them again without thinking of chickens.
5 comments:
Mom, it's gorgeous! You are such a great artist. Wish I'd gotten some of that talent. The names are hilarious, and the coop/shed looks very nice. Now post a pic of the new fence, ok?
Yes, mom -- this is great.
I would like to see a picture from a broader perspective (where is this building located?).
We wish we were there to farm with you. Looks like lots of fun.
Hi, Kim and Val. I couldn't take the picture from a wider perspective, since the rest of the area is still a mess! The building, smaller than it looks (the lowest part of the roof on each end is just 5 ft. high) is facing the alley, about 20 ft. from the alley and right next to Morgans' yard.
The door to the left end and the windows are leftover parts of the Thurstons' old shower stall that they threw out during city clean-up week and we rescued. We are the kings of recycling!
We wish you could be here with us, too. We'd love to see the astronaut and LRRH in person, as well as Taylor.
i thought i left a comment, where is it??? I had written that i love the painting you did! and I can't wait to see it in person. I can't belileve you can fit all those animals in that!
Your chickens are so detailed. They are like a Van Eyck. I think you should do a convex mirror in the background with a chicken marriage scene. Or a goat marriage scene, that would probably work better.
I love it. The new goatyard is beautiful.
My verification word ergerewt, which I believe is a thin Old English soup.
Post a Comment