Omi
This morning I read the following couple of paragraphs in Mormon Times, a supplement to the Deseret News:
A family oriented reality television show developed by Brigham Young University and broadcast by KBYU-TV and BYU TV -- what sounds like a contradiction is actually far from the combative, confrontational style of many so-called "reality shows" and the oft-portrayed dysfunctional family.
Instead, "Real Families, Real Answers" shows families dealing with issues such as strengthening marriages, dealing with family finances, managing emotions, and avoiding and overcoming pornography as well as interjecting scholarly commentary.
Is this a problem in your family, as it is in ours? Can you not resist the urge to interject scholarly commentary? As is well known from the works of Soren Kirkegaard, a tendency to overrate one's intellectual prowess can lead to hubris. I think we should all watch this program religiously to overcome our educational snobbery!
5 comments:
I thought it was a perfectly cromulent article.
you people and your big words! arrgh. But, I have caught a few minutes of this show, and I have often wanted to go to the conference: http://ce.byu.edu/cw/family/
I think we should all go as a family. March 27, 2009
Beebs, just so you know, "cromulent" is from the Simpsons, and it isn't a real word. It just sounds cool.
Mom - - ok, I get it now. I hate when people interject scholarly commentary! It's almost as bad as porn! Just kidding.
you knokw this show could really embiggen our souls.
Post a Comment