Thursday, October 30, 2008

Book Club

Ali is hosting next month's book club, and the topic is "The Number 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" by Alexander McCall Smith. Have you all read it? It's great, funny and sweet with some interesting moral dilemmas. I'm planning on serving bush tea (yes, it's herbal) and maybe pumpkin cookies or pumpkin bread. If you have any thoughts about the book, questions I could ask, etc. that would be great. Especially as we can relate any of the points made in the book to the gospel (it's a church book club).

Ali is also going to be a merit badge counselor for disability awareness. There's a lot of info online (meritbadge.org), but I'd also be interested in any ideas you'd like to share.

Thanks in advance for your insights . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, when I did my scouts disabliity awareness thing, we did the "give the boys a disability for an hour"--blind, no use of arms, couldn't talk. They loved it. Then we did a service project for a lady in a wheel chair. ANd I had a lady come talk. She had a book for kids about disabilities with pics of different people with different disabilities. Good luck.