Saturday, October 4, 2008

Roman Holiday

When Omi and I heard the announcement of the temple in Rome, we sent up a collective cheer with the rest of you. The we had a fantastic idea. Let's all go over to Rome for the open house and dedication of the temple. No, I'm not kidding. Here are some ideas flying fast and thick at TORH:
  • Design a 2-3 week vacation in Italy and surrounding areas
  • Rent a villa or something close to the area
  • Invite the Banchis to join us (Ali and Scott G, don't you have some Italian friends? Maybe they could come, too.)
  • Ethan and Beanie would be old enough to go to the dedication (don't you have to be 12?)
  • Start brushing up on our Italian
  • Start saving money
  • Start saving up vacation time
  • Think of a Beebs-like person (a nanny, like what Beebs did for that one family) we could take with us to watch the kids while the adults go have fun
  • Get into shape so we won't faint by the wayside or allow our feeble knees to slow us down
  • Do many other exciting and educational activities
Well, what do you think? Let me know. We have enough time to really plan this and make it fun.

3 comments:

Ali Garner said...

I am so there. And I have a feeling that Scott won't have a problem with another trip. I have the book "Italian for Dummies" and I'll talk to our friends (they're not Italian, they're just italophiles).

Anonymous said...

I am refusing to comment until you (meaning both you and mom) comment on the book list. I am offended that no one but Ali (thanks ALI!) told us how many she read.

PS (You know I'm not really offended, but read it in an offended voice)

Anonymous said...

now that I am not offended, I would like to say this is a nice dream for us, I hope we can do it... :) I just don't want to be the "beebs-like person". And I think we need to somehow pass through Paris while there.