First the mess: I got up this morning and made blueberry muffins. As I was putting the batter into the pans I noticed a strange smell coming from the pre-heating oven. When I opened the door I saw why - - Noah had put a pair of scissors in there. The handles had completely melted and the plastic smell was terrible. I turned off the oven and opened all the windows and doors, but I still got a terrible headache from the fumes. New rule: always check oven before turning it on!
Now the recipe. Inspired by Mom and Dad we recently bought an ice cream maker. Ethan and I wanted to make lime sherbet but there was no limeade concentrate at the store, so we settled for frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate. We mixed about 3/4 of a can of that with 3 cups of whole milk, 1/4 cup sugar, a couple of drops of red food coloring and about 15 fresh raspberries. We mixed it in the ice cream maker, then let it freeze for a while. Served with a few raspberries on the side. It was delicious, and so refreshing!
2 comments:
Sounds yummy! We really have only made ice cream once with mom and dad new maker--but one thing we have almost every day is goat milk pudding. I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!
Frankly goat milk pudding sounds disgusting, but I'd be willing to try it. You've got to try out my recipe, it's delicious!
Post a Comment