Saturday, August 23, 2008

Gerbie

Today Scott cooked himself a steak. I had been at the store, and as I walked into the house, the smell smacked me in the face and memories of Gerbie flooded my mind. Does that smell remind anyone else of Gerbie??? I remember her cooking her tiny steaks on that tiny stove and giving us grizzle (is that what it is?). Shout out to her and all the great memories she provides for us: Christmas in July, Handy Candy, letting me put curlers in her hair, feeding the birds bread and popcorn, and buying ice cream from us when we somehow pumped it out our upside down bikes.

2 comments:

Ali Garner said...

Oh, great memory, I remember that too. Also remember her mixture of cereals for breakfast and the little tray table she ate on?

heidiglyn said...

I don't remember her cereal. But I do remember the little table. I also remember the RITZ crackers I used to sneak and nibble while lying on the "lee" side of her bed, reading Readers Digest Condensed Books. I even remember the original B&W television and watching "3's company" and "Quincy."