This was a great talk Beebs! I especially like the quote, "Tolerance does not require abandoning one's standards or one's opinions on political or public policy choices. Tolerance is a way of reacting to diversity, not a command to insulate it from examination." And I appreciated the section about abortion. "Choice" is used as an excuse by so many women who have already chosen to behave in such a way that pregnancy is a possibility. Over 95% of all abortions are done for reasons of convenience. That's a scary statistic! And were it not for the courage of Meredith's birth mother, she would have been one of those statistics.
2 comments:
This was a great talk Beebs! I especially like the quote, "Tolerance does not require abandoning one's standards or one's opinions on political or public policy choices. Tolerance is a way of reacting to diversity, not a command to insulate it from examination." And I appreciated the section about abortion. "Choice" is used as an excuse by so many women who have already chosen to behave in such a way that pregnancy is a possibility. Over 95% of all abortions are done for reasons of convenience. That's a scary statistic! And were it not for the courage of Meredith's birth mother, she would have been one of those statistics.
that was one of my favorite quotes, too. Of course I had to read it two or three times to understand it...
Post a Comment