Saturday, August 22, 2009

MEMORIZATIONS

Dad and I were talking on our way back from Salt Lake and came up with an idea you may be interested in. We propose that everyone in the family over about 6 could participate in memorizing some valuable quotations and poetry. An example would be the Preamble to the Constitution, the Gettysburg Address, the I Have a Dream speech, the Declaration of Independence, I Will Fight No More Forever, Lincoln's 2nd Inaugural Address, the 10 Commandments, the Beatitudes, the Charity scripture, Washington's Farewell address, etc. Would you be in favor of making it a sort of contest (not one where only one person wins, but where everyone who can recite it gets a certificate) with a different memorization monthly? What do you think? Are there other quotes you would like to include? Maybe one scripture and one secular quote per month? Let us know your ideas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds fun. I would probably start off doing well and then slack off eventually...

Ali Garner said...

I like it!