Samuel Smith gave a Book of Mormon to Reverend John P. Greene
who was married to Rhoda Young (Brigham Young's sister).
They had a child, Evan Molbourne Greene who had a wife, Susan Kent.
They had a child, Evan Flavious Greene (born in 1838 in Kirtland) who had a child,
Mary Elizabeth Greene. She married Frank Pierce Ellis.
They had a lovely daughter, Virginia May Ellis. She married Albert James Newman
and together they had our mother, Virginia Elizabeth Newman--
she married Jesse Sale Brown, and they had all of us! Pretty cool, eh?
I can find on FamilySearch.org the names of all these people, but I cannot find the "connection" with Evan Greene and Mary E. Greene. We need to somehow get all of this information updated on that website.
2 comments:
Evan Flavius Greene is the correct spelling. I believe he was named after the historian Flavius Josephus.
Yes, we do need to make sure everything is updated. We also need to get our own information down and correct with all of the grandkids' birthdays and places and the info on the inlaws, including parents of our sons and daughters-in-law. Everyone, can you send it to me? Love you all.
Also--did you know that Brigham Young read the BoM that had been given to his sister (Rhoda)? So we come from a long distinguished line of book-lenders. (I wonder if he gave it back . . . )
Post a Comment