Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mom Visits Chicago

It's great having Mom visit here at Scott and Ali's house. Of course the upstairs furnace would choose this week to stop working, and the weather would be unusually frigid, but she's wandering around the house lugging a space heater and wearing her rice baby. The highlight so far has been the morning she accidentally brushed her teeth with Noah's toenail fungus medication. Priceless.

3 comments:

Virginia Brown said...

I just have to comment that I had a wonderful time at Ali's--very relaxing and yet productive in that I made a lot of progress on my computer catch-up work. I had some great political discussions with Scott (no, I swear I had no contact with the Governor), fun chickenfoot with Ethan, wonderful hugs from Noah, and serious retail therapy with Ali. Thanks so much, Garners.

Ali, I must confess that after I finished the book you loaned me, I became desparate for reading matter and started in on the as-yet-unwrapped Christmas gift book you are giving Dad and me. It is delightsome but could be considered "hardcore" in its interjection of scholarly commentary. Thanks in advance!

Ali Garner said...

Aaagh! Mom opened her Christmas present early! The shame! Anyway, hope you like it, don't show anyone else because everyone is getting it. I had a great time with you here, miss you already!

Abby said...

Thanks for stopping by Steals and Deals! I live for lovely comments like yours!